with spotlight: Girls co-founders,
Lynn Johnson & Allison Kenny
Are you tired of feeling afraid of your own power and potential? Tired of standing back, waiting in the wings, and second guessing your creative impulses? Do you feel like now is the time for you to share your boldest and bravest self with the world?
You are right. You have a vision. A vision of a more sustainable, equitable, compassionate world. Neighborhoods, organizations, systems, and communities that honor and value all of us and all of our children. Now is the time to act. In this world riddled with hatred, violence, over consumption, and isolation, YOU are the leader we have all been waiting for.
We need you. Our girls need you. And we need you now.
Are you ready to take center stage and create the world of your dreams?
Join Lynn Johnson and Allison Kenny, partners in life and business, for this revolutionary retreat where you will:
- Reflect on what it means to show up as a girl advocate today and design how you want to bring your vision to life in the world
- Dig into the Go Girls!™️ Culture Code - the 5-point social-emotional framework designed to educate, inspire, and activate girls and women to take center stage
- Surprise yourself with your own creative power and your ability to access art, play, and performance to help bring your bold vision to life
- Witness our internationally-recognized Go Girls!™️ Camp first-hand as a powerful and effective way to support the development of bold & brave girls
- Walk away with tools, tips, and resources for integrating the lessons of Go Girls!™️ into your work with women and girls in your community
- Laugh, cry, and share food, wine, and chocolate with the kinds of women you want to be around right now
- WHO: The 1st Annual Go Girls!™️ Retreat is for any woman who wants to make a difference in the lives of girls and women in a big way.
- WHEN: Friday January 11 - Sunday January 13, 2019
- WHERE: Destiny Arts Center, 970 Grace Avenue, Oakland, CA *
- HOW MUCH: $499 - When you register by October 7 (Lynn's birthday!) you'll get $99 OFF PLUS we pay the Eventbrite fees!
*This is an URBAN RETREAT - meaning that we are staying in the city to soak up the energy, creativity, culture, and diversity of this this city we call home. For introverts, you will have the chance to leave our space each day, go home or back to your hotel, and recharge in your own space. For extroverts, we will introduce you to the best women and/or people-of-color-owned restaurants, cafes, gift shops and other cool spaces so that you can get out and explore Oakland!
Lynn Johnson and Allison Kenny are partners in life and business; co-founders of Spotlight: Girls, an Oakland, CA-based certified B Corp dedicated to educating, inspiring, and activating girls and women to take center stage. Spotlight: Girls is a multi-media platform and the producers of Go Girls!™️ - highly popular summer camps, after-school, and school break programs for elementary and middle school girls.
Lynn is a visionary entrepreneur, speaker, girl advocate, and Co-Founder/CEO of Spotlight: Girls. She is a sought-after facilitator, speaker, and coach. She is the Director of Coaching for Jenny Kassan Consulting and serves on the National Advisory Board of Teaching Artists Guild, the Board of Directors of the How Kids Learn Foundation, and the Alameda County Commission on the Status of Women.
Allison is an award-winning blogger, author, and actor. Her first book, Starring Celia, is a chapter book about a 4th grade girl who goes from being bullied to becoming a Go Girl!. She also created Go Squirrel! - a series of coloring books aimed at teaching young readers complex social/emotional lessons through fun and accessible social stories. Allison shares the adventures of their queer, multi-racial, adoptive family on her blog RaisingaGoGirl.com.
Married since 2006, Lynn and Allison live in Oakland with their very own Go Girl! and three small yappy dogs.
Event Sponsor - Jennifer Graham Photography
Book your Business Portrait Branding Session or Family Lifestyle/Portrait Session when you register for the Go Girls! Retreat
Business Portrait Branding Session with Jennifer Graham Photography
A fantastic session for those launching their own business, already working in a career they love or within someone else business.
Beautifully authentic studio portraits from traditional head and shoulders to full body to show the totality of who you are.
- 30 minute phone consultation to discuss brand alignment, wardrobe and the look and feel of your shoot.
- 1 hour session in studio
- 4 wardrobe changes
- 10 custom retouched images delivered via DropBox.
- Private online site for viewing, selecting and sharing your images.
- Licensing Rights for all of your business collateral and brand support
- Complimentary resizing the life of your image for website, blog, social media and print needs$895 Regular Price | $745 Early Bird Pricing - $150 savings | $795 Event Pricing - $100 savings
Family Lifestyle & Portrait Session with Jennifer Graham Photography
My family portrait sessions are the perfect way to document the beauty of who you are as a family. This one and a half hour session at a location of your choice is filled with ease and laughter as you enjoy your family.
You'll be able to view all of your images from your session online & share with family and friends. You will receive all of your high resolution images via digital download and be able print these at your favorite lab or come back to me and I'll take care of everything.
$1095 Regular Price | $945 Early Bird Pricing - $150 savings | $995 Event Pricing - $100 savings
- 1.5 hours of creating at the location of your choice.
- 5-4x6 archival mounted prints & 3-8x10 archival mounted prints
- Online viewing and sharing of all of your images from your session.
- Beautiful images edited by me personally, 2-3 hours behind the scenes.
- All of your high resolution digital images delivered via dropbox.
If you are joining us from out of of town OR even you live close by and just want a few nights away from your kids, here are three hotels closest to our venue. They are each located in Emeryville and have room rates starting at about $200-$220 per night:
- The closest BART subway station is Ashby which is just under a mile from the venue.
- The Berkeley BART Line 88 will bring you just .2 miles from the venue. Just get off at Market and Arlington. Click here for info.
- The ASHBY BART Line 12 will take you .5 miles from the venue. Just get off at MLK and Arlington. Click here for info.